Sunday, May 28, 2017

Maryland Blue Crab

Ramadan is here. The first day of fasting in my area was on Saturday, May 27, 2017. It went well for me since I stayed at home and just entertaining my 2 grandchildren. They both are too young to understand what fasting is. I didn’t indulge on food for morning breakfast before the sunrise nor do I cook much for breaking fast. I ate my regular breakfast food like pancake and eggs. I drank milk to give the energy throughout the day. On the first day of Ramadan, I had rice with fried chicken and shrimp egg foo young I bought from the Chinese takeout. The second day of Ramadan, I was invited to my in laws for some crab feast. It was really nice eating with family. The dinner feast was for observing the Memorial Day on Monday.
My vegetable garden is doing very well. Soon, I will be getting salad from the garden. The rainy days we have been getting has helped. The peas are growing faster than anything else. I have started to see the white flowers on the plants. I am growing mostly the sugar snap peas. I do grow some little marvel peas as well as the snow peas. Couple of days ago, I put in more string bean seeds in the ground. If the soil temperature went up above 70 degree, the bean seeds will germinate faster. Otherwise, I will have to wait about 2 weeks to see some growth. I already planted a 30 foot row of string beans when the soil can be worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment