Sunday, October 29, 2017

Karipap inti sardin

Karipap sardin is one of my favorite food. I like it so much that I can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. However, I have to make sure I only eat 1 or 2 pieces in a day. This is because this delicacy is loaded with high cholesterol. At my age, having two active grandsons, I do need to watch my diet. In the past, I used to make the skin for this puff pastry from scratch. I use vegetable shortening, or butter, and knead the flour until soft. But now I have found the best puff pastry skin, ready to use empanadas made by Goya empanadas skin. The brand came in two sizes, small and large size. I like them both. It also has 2 types of flour, one is made from regular flour and the other is from corn flour. I have tried both. They both tasted good.
 

I like the puff pastry cook in deep fryer than bake in the oven. Any of these cooking method will give a nice flavor to the puff pastry.

As for the filling, my favorite is sardine in tomato sauce mix with carrots, onion, hot peppers and potatoes. Dice them small, remove the bone from the sardine and drain the sauce. Mr. Big doesn't like sardine, I have to use chicken or beef for the fillings for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment