Thursday, June 25, 2015

Ramadan 2015 Day 8 - Fried Rice Noodle with Fish Ball

A simple dinner tonight. Fried rice noodle is my favorite Asian dish. My mother used to cook this meal for the family. I would be the one who ate this the most. I find this rice noodle also known as bee hoon as comforting. I don't feel guilty even after eating 3 plates!

I think the calories count probably lesser than the spaghetti. Don't quote me. I am not a nutritionist.

There are so many ways to add the ingredients to this Asian dish. But the basic ingredients are:
Blended chili, onion, and garlic
Dark soy sauce
salt and a pinch of sugar to taste
1 tablespoon of ketchup (tomato sauce)
2 cups of fish ball
1 head romaine lettuce
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 packet rice vermicelli noodle. Soak in warm water.

Method:
In a big pan, heat olive oil on medium.
Fry blended chili, onion, garlic for 5 minutes.
Then add soy sauce, salt, sugar, ketchup, and fish ball
cook for another 5 minutes.
Add noodle. Mix well and cook for another 10 minutes or until noodle is cooked.
Lastly, add romaine lettuce. Stir and turn off the stove.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment