Monday, June 22, 2015

Ramadan 2015 Day 5 - Sweet Potato Pancake

A simple meal for breaking fasting today, sweet potato pancake. Sweet potato is one of my favorite root vegetable. I can cook it in several ways. I like it in the coconut milk, just baked with brown sugar and sour cream or slice and pan fry them.

Today's recipe is super easy. The hardest part was just to grate the potato. I wish I had the machine to do the work for me.

Peel the skin and grate about 3 large sweet potato
Grate 1 big sweet onion
1/2 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil

Mix and combine well all ingredients except the olive oil.
On medium, heat the olive oil on non stick pan.
Take a handful of sweet potato, flatten it and pan fry until both sides are golden brown.

I serve my sweet potato with spicy hot chili sauce.

  Share

No comments:

Post a Comment