Saturday, June 20, 2015

Ramadan 2015 Day 3 - Salmon and Gnocchi

The third day in the fasting month went smoothly. I didn't wake up and have enough time to eat breakfast before the sunrise. If I did, I probably will consume a bowl of cereal. I have bought several boxes of sweet chocolate crunch cereal.

Ramadan is not complete without fresh dates. I am blessed to be able to buy dates at almost every grocery store in my area. My favorite dates would be the Medjool dates from California. They are the sweetest and the best. The size is huge. Having 2 pieces would be enough to provide energy for the whole day.

Dinner tonight is a simple meal. I cooked salmon and gnocchi.
 
I marinated the salmon with soy sauce and Mrs. Dash. I baked the salmon at 350 degree F for about 20 minutes.

The gnocchi is store bought. All I have to do is to boil the gnocchi. Once the gnocchi floating to the top, I drained them. Then I tossed in a cup of alfredo sauce and 2 tablespoon of hot salsa. Mixed them well and heated in the microwave for about 1 minute.

Garnish the dish with blanched homegrown spinach, radish pods and sliced cherry tomatoes. Delicious!

My drink today is diet orange soda. Super delicious!

  Share

No comments:

Post a Comment