Monday, July 30, 2012

Seri Muka


This seri muka was cooked in the microwave. Firstly, I cook the glutinous rice in a pot. I used an equal part of rice and thinned down coconut milk. I also add half teaspoon of salt and 1 pandan leaf for fragrant. The green top part required some work. I cut about 6 pieces pandan leaf. I blend the pandan leaf with 1 cup of water. I strained the juice.

In a bowl, mix 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of coconut milk. Then add an egg. Combine. Add the green juice from the pandan (screw pine) leaf.  Add 2 tablespoons of hon kwee flour (green color) and 2 tablespoons of corn starch. Mix well.

In a microwavable safe dish, layer the cooked glutinous rice. Pack it smooth. Pour the green mixture onto the rice using a strainer. This will give us a smooth mixture and ready to go into the microwave. Microwave the cake for about 8 minutes on high. Add another minute until the top is cooked. It should feel soft to the touch.

Let the sweet cake cool before cutting.
Enjoy!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment