Monday, July 23, 2012

Corn Bread and Croaker Tom Yam


During this fasting month, diet is very important. I try to eat food that will not hurt my tummy since I have not eat or drink from sunrise until sundown. However, for today, I am craving for something spicy and sour. I am also crave for some corn bread. I love bread especially a sweet bread. This corn bread is very tasty. I can eat a few pieces in one sitting. Yummy!

Ingredients for corn bread:
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup olive oil

Method for the corn bread:
In a large bowl, combine the dry mix first, flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. 
Then add egg, milk and olive oil until well blend.
Prepare a 6 inches square pan by greasing the pan with baking spray.
Pour the batter into the pan.
 Bake the corn bread at 400 degree F for about 18 minutes.

Ingredients for Croaker Tom Yam:
2 croakers ( cleaned, head off and cut half)
4 tablespoons tom yam paste
1 large sweet onion
4 medium size tomatoes
5 pieces kafir lime leaf
3 cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil

Method:
In a big pot, heat olive oil. 
Fry the sliced onion.
Add Kafir lime leaf.
Add tom yam paste. Stir well.
Add water.
Add fish and tomato and let it cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat. Cover.

Enjoy!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment