Monday, August 01, 2011

Ramadan Day 1 - Fried Chicken and Mixed Vege

Ramadan, a fasting month for the muslim comes once a year. Today is my first day fasting. I thought it will be hard on me not drinking during this screaming hot weather. I woke up at 4:15 am for an early breakfast (sahur). I had a bowl of cereal with cold milk. The day went by smoothly. We had thunderstorm and it cool down the temperature. I stopped by at the garden on my way home and pick a bucket full of tomatoes. The cherries above was for dessert.
Dinner or breaking fast meal was simple. I had fried chicken, vegetable stir fry and slices of slow roasting tomatoes. Honey wants more slow roasting tomatoes. This time I slice the tomato into 1/4 inch thick. I added oregano to the same herbs I used the last time. They are rosemary, thyme and basil.
This vegetable stir fry is simple to cook. All of the vegetables except for the corn are from my garden.
Ingredients are:
1 cup 1-foot long string beans.
1 cup peas
1 cup corn
3 okra
2 young crookneck yellow zucchini
1/2 cup chopped curly parsley
salt, ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

Method
Cut the string beans into bite pieces.
Slice yellow zucchini.
Chop curly parsley
Remove both ends of the okra.
Heat olive oil in a big skillet.
Add all vegetables.
Add salt and ground black pepper.
Cook until tender. About 15 to 20 minutes on medium low heat.

Happy Ramadan!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment