Sunday, June 05, 2011

Pea patch

The weather was very nice this morning. Cloudy, breezy and was a perfect day to be working in the garden. I left the house at 6.30 Am with some left over food to enjoy when I am in the garden. When the weather was nice like that, I took the advantage and use the time for weeding. As you can see from my previous post, the pea's row was a mess. But after 4 hours sitting on the ground and removing each and every weeds around the pea plants, the row is now looking cleaner. I have a list of companion plants that I refer everytime I am in doubt. One of the companion plant for peas is string beans. So I planted the string beans in the next row, about 6 inches apart than the pea plants.

To the left of pea plants is the neighbor's garden. I don't see anything growing in his plots except one potato plant. But the potato plant has hundreds of potato beetles. I am not sure why he hasn't plant is vegetables yet. Since he has a tiller, at anytime, he can tilling his plot. As for me, I have to take the advantage of the light shower we had last night. It moistened the soil and easier to remove the weeds by hand.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment