Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Homegrown Rutabaga in Chicken Soup

Eleven days through the fasting month is making me feel weak. I was too sleepy that I had to stop and rest before I continue driving home. It was really bad that I can only cook simple food for break fasting. Fortunately, honey would not mind having just one main dish and one side dish. Dessert is simple too. I ate fruits like grapes, strawberries or peaches while Honey is enjoying his ice cream. I have so many things to do but time didn’t permit.

For tonight, I cook this simple homegrown rutabaga in chicken soup.
Ingredients
1 big rutabaga
4 pieces chicken back bone
1 medium onion
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 cardamon
1 stick cinnamon
5 cloves
3 star anise
1 tablespoon grated ginger
4 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

Method
In a big pot, heat olive oil.
Saute onion.
Add star anise, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
Add chicken and brown on both sides.
Add chicken stock.
Add rutabaga that has been skinned and dice.
Let the soup simmer until rutabaga turned soft.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve warm over rice or noodle.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment