Monday, August 23, 2010

Cassava Cake and Prickly Pear Cactus Fruits

The moment of truth. I cut the prickly pear cactus fruit. The inside flesh is dark red. The juice and the fruit smell sweet. I had a bite and yes it was super sweet. But the seeds inside are hard like a rock. The flesh around it is sweet and soft. It melted in my mouth almost like eating an ice cream.
I bought a frozen already grated yucca aka cassava or in Bahasa Melayu it is called Ubi Kayu. This cake is easy to cook.
All you need are:
1 lb bag of grated and frozen yucca
1 cup coconut milk
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 cup water

Mix everything in a bowl.
Heat the oven at 400 degree F.
Bake this delicious cake for about 30 minutes or until the top is brown.

My meal for break fasting tonight was marinated salmon and string beans. I was too hungry that I forgot to take the picture of the salmon and string beans.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment