Friday, April 16, 2010

Panko Breaded Croaker and Potato Salad

This is a simple meal that I served for dinner last night. I have not been cooking new recipe lately other than the seafood and vegetables that already have been featured in my site. My dinner has been a simple meal like porridge, shrimp, fish and vegetables. I find this recipe is the best so far. The technique to achieve the best crunchy and spicy fried fish has to be as follows. If you over mix the panko bread crumbs you will get a mushy batter and the fish will not be crunchy.
Ingredients:
2 Croakers. I cut it into half so that easier for me to fry them.
1 cup zatarain's ready to use fish fry mix.
2 cups plain panko bread crumbs
2 eggs
olive oil to fry

Method:
Cut fish into half.
In a big shallow bowl, mix 2 eggs well.
In a separate shallow bowl, add zatarain's fish fry.
In another shallow bowl, spread the panko bread crumbs.
Wash and pat dry the fish.
Dip the fish in the zatarain's fish fry spice. You could use salt and pepper if you do not have this mix.
Then dip the fish into the egg mixture.
Lastly, cover the fish with the panko bread crumbs.
Heat olive oil on high.
Fry the fish until golden brown.
Serve fish warm.
I am serving this fish with potato salad.
You can find my recipe for the potato salad here.

Enjoy!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment