Sunday, September 13, 2009

Twenty Third Day Ramadan - Fried Croaker and Mashed Potato

I took the time to do groceries shopping at Giant today. I like to use the self machine and keep ringing all the items that I put in my cart. I was shock to see the total. It came down to $80 ++. OMG! Just the two of us and here I am spending more than the usual. It is not like I am going to cook for guests on Raya day. But as I saw things I like, like a pack of unsweetened coconut flakes, I am pretty sure I just bought one pack last week but hey, I may not find it the next time, I quickly throw the pack in my cart.

The main reason for me to shop at Giant today is to get fresh fish and eggs. Luckily I bought these two items. I found beautiful croaker at $2.99 per pound. I bought 4 fish. Two for me and the other two for honey. I cook mashed potato to go along with this fried croaker.
As for dessert, I make this No bake cheese cake. Unfortunately, this cheesecake is too sweet for me. Next time I better mix my own ingredients. But I must say this no bake cheesecake is very convenient. It was easy to assemble and all I have to do is to leave it in the fridge for more than an hour.
I dress up the cheesecake with whipped cream and pecan topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment