Friday, September 11, 2009

Twenty First Day Ramadan - Fried Tortilla with Avocado Dip

I saw on Emeril cooking show how easy it was to deep fry the tortilla wrap and create a super hit dipping sauce such as meshed avocado.
I just cut about 5 sheets of the tortilla into rectangle.
Then deep fry them in olive oil until golden brown.
For the dipping sauce, I am using meshed avocado from Costco. All I have to do is to add a few dash of lemon juice. This is to prevent the avocado from browning.
Then I warm the avocado in the microwave for 10 second.
This is a very simple yet delicious appetizer.
Honey cannot stop himself from eating this crackers until the whole plate is clean.:-)
I had to move this tortilla away from him or else he will be too full to eat his main dinner. I served fried fish and baked fish tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment