Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Twenty Fifth Day Ramadan - Potato and Sweet Onion Fritters

This is pure vegetables dish that I have been craving for a while. In Bahasa Melayu we call it cekodok or jemput jemput. In english it is called fritters or crates.
Ramadan is going to be over soon. And I am losing the excitement to prepare big meal for honey and I today. I deep fry some hot and spicy chicken wings for honey. He likes this fritters so I gave him 3 pieces. The rest are mine to savor.

Ingredients:
1 large red skin potato.
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash original blend
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large sweet onion. I am using homegrown onion.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup of chopped chives
1 cup of chopped flat leaves parsley
1/3 cup water
Cooking oil to fry

Method:
Peel the skin of the potato.
Dice the potato small.
Dice sweet onion the same size as potato.
Mix all ingredients except the cooking oil in a bowl.
Use about 1 inch of cooking oil.
Heat the cooking oil on medium.
Fry the fritters until golden brown.

The sweet onion gives a nice taste to this dish. I don't even need to dip it in sweet and spicy chili sauce or ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment