Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Twenty Sixth Day Ramadan - Fried Tortilla, Guacamole, Stewed Tomato, Fried Fish and Fried Shrimp

Fried and more fried food from the Murphy's House. I came home from work feeling really tired. But I was craving for the fried tortilla and guacamole again. The last time I cook this, it was a hit. While I still have the olive oil screaming hot on the stove, I might as well fry the fish and the panko breaded shrimp. To go along with this fried food, I cook stewed tomato. This time my stewed tomato has celery in it. It was the best stewed tomato I had tasted.
Ingredients for guacamole:
2 Ripe avocados
1/3 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients and warm it in microwave for 20 seconds.
Cut tortilla wrap into triangle or wedges. I am using plain tortilla and tortilla with jalapeno and cheddar cheese. Fry the tortilla until golden brown.
Fried Fish:
2 fish. Clean and butterfly it.
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs. I am using ready to use zatarain's fish fry crumbs.
In a big bowl, whip the egg lightly.
Coat the fish with bread crumbs.
Then put it into the egg.
Coat it again in the bread crumbs.
Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
Fried Panko Shrimp:
Clean and butterfly medium size shrimp
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
Make the egg wash by mixing the milk and the egg in a big bowl.
Add salt and pepper in the panko bread crumbs. You could add any other herb or spices you like into the bread crumbs and the flour.
Firstly, coat the shrimp in the flour.
Then drench it in the egg and milk mixture.
Lastly, coat evenly with panko bread crumbs.
Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Honey think I cook too much. Both of us could not finish all the food. As long as crave is satisfied, I am good to go.
I did ask honey for his secret recipe on the bbq beef ribs. Maybe next time I will try it and let you all know how it turn out. He said the first thing you must do is to cut out the membrane on the ribs. Then slowly boil ribs with garlic until just slightly pink. No salt, please. Drain the water. Set aside. In another pot start cooking the bbq sauce. There are Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, honey, etc. I seriously do not remember all the spices he used. That explain the messiness he left in the kitchen :-(
Then add back the beef ribs into the sauce pot and cook it for another 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment