Monday, February 16, 2009

Leftover Roasted Chicken Sandwich

I love a hard crust bread. Give me a 6 inches sourdough sandwich and I am set for the day. Since I have some leftover chicken, I use it to make this sandwich for my lunch.
Ingredients:
6 inch sourdough or any hard crusted bread.
4 pieces romaine leaves
1 cup leftover cooked chicken
1/2 cup grated or shredded cheese
some garlic butter as spread

Method:
Wash and cut half the romaine leaves.
Cut the bread open lengthwise.
Scrap the center of the bread out.
Spread the bread with garlic butter.
Layer the romaine lettuce.
Then add the leftover chicken on top of the lettuces.
Sprinkle evenly with some grated cheese.
Toast the bread open in the toaster oven until the cheese melted.
Remove from the toaster oven and bring the sandwich together.
Serve warm.
Serving for 1 person.

5 comments:

  1. I love sourdough too! I can just eat it plain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about the crust, isn't it? Crunchy and chewy sourdough is always welcome on my dinner table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pipigscorner, yes, sourdough is tasty. Can be eaten plain.

    Jude, I never bake my own sourdough. I find the bread is good to eat as soon as I bought it. If I wait longer, it gets tougher and I am afraid it could pull out my teeth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aisshhh macam sedap jerrr tgk roti tuuu :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sha, roti ni memang bagus tuk orang berdiet macam kak zu ni. Cepat kenyang.

    ReplyDelete