Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pennywort

My good friend Gertrude brought back my memory to when I was growing up, my late mother (rest in peace) used to cook or prepare pennywort for our dinner. Pennywort also known as pegaga in Malay or Rau Ma in Vietnamese is a healthy choice vegetables. Pennywort is easy to grow in warm climate.
I am so lucky to be able to buy this vegetables from the Asian store.

The vegetables has been cleaned. I could find only a few pieces with roots.
Since the store sell such a big bag, I have no choice but to find a way to consume these leaves. Besides eating the pegaga raw, steamed, sautéed, I juiced them. I added an apple to sweetened the juice. This pegaga juice is so refreshing and delicious.
I potted the pieces that shows some roots. I hope they will survive. If I grow these plants, I don't have to drive over to the Asian store much.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment