Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lemak Lodeh and Picnic

Lemak lodeh is a traditional soup made of vegetables and some shrimps. For today's lunch, I am having a bowl of lemak lodeh.  I also cut up some of my homegrown cherry red tomato dressing in salt and ground black peppers.

It is very easy to cook lemak lodeh. The main ingredients are tempeh or tofu, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, coconut milk, hot peppers, onion, and salt. I added ground turmeric to give some color to the dish. I also use shrimps and vegetable stock for flavors. Boil everything with 3 cups of water and 1 cup of coconut milk until they bubbling. Turn off the stove and serve warm.

Slices of tomatoes are my favorite dish.
The mosque was hosting Eid Mubarak picnic. Honey and I join the event. The bbq chicken was delicious. There are many other dishes served. We stayed until the end. It was a relaxing day.
The kids line up for some ice cream. The weather was really beautiful. Breezy and not too hot. It was just perfect to be outside.
The pavilion for the men.
The pavilion for the women.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment