Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bahulu Lapis Cake


 I woke up this morning with two options for my sunday activity. One, is to bake bahulu lapis. Secondly, is to work in the garden. The weeds are as high as up to my chest. Then the man of the house decided to add another chore to my list. That is to clear my car. I have all of my garden tools in the car. He wants to use my car and he needs the space. So, I decided to go with my first option. 2 hours later, the cake was baked.
As you can see from the picture above, the darker color for the layers are not deep enough. I forgot to add a few drops of red coloring to the pineapple jam. But the taste was good.

You can refer to my old post for the recipe here 2006 and here 2008. I am only changing the thickness of the layer and also I am using the broiler part of the oven at 350 degree F. It took about 8 to 10 minues for each layer to brown.
For each layer, I flattened the cake using the potato masher.

For the pineapple jam, I am using 1 can of crushed pineapple.
Pour the whole can with it's juice into a bog pot.
On low medium heat, add 1 cup of sugar.
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
Add a few drops of food coloring (I forgot to add this).
Using handheld blender, blend the jam smooth.
Cook until the jam bubbling only.
Turn off the stove and let it cool.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment