Friday, July 27, 2012

Roasted Mixed Homegrown Vegetables

The weather is humid these days. But we did receive some thunderstorm. Yesterday's thunderstorm fried our router to our wireless. I don't think I can live a day without internet anymore. Luckily, I still have the Clear device to hook up. Anyway, I went to the garden and found these beautiful vegetables as featured in the picture above.
I like growing carrots. They always surprise me with their shapes and sizes. I pulled one carrot out and here comes this stubby almost like a globe shape carrot. The carrots are beautiful. I refrain myself from pulling too many. Carrot will not mind in the ground until the first frost.

The kohlrabi has been receiving lots of water during this hot weather and it pays. This is the first year I ever get a round and plump kohlrabi. I find the purple kohlrabi is easier to grow than the green one.

Because of the scattered rain and the hot weather, I decided to pick all of my bell peppers and hot peppers. If I let them growing in this condition they might easily get fungus or blight. I hate to waste any of my crops. I can always use them in my cooking. They could stay fresh in the fridge for up to two weeks.

I try not to let the zucchini grow any bigger than my finger. I love frying them in a tempura batter. They are sweet and delicious.

I did get some long string beans. They are crunchy and I just munch on them raw. I could cook them if I want to. But raw long string beans are good enough for me.

What was not featuring in the picture above are my tomatoes. I have about a bowl of them. They are delicious marinated in balsamic vinegar.

As always, beets never disappoint me. I always get good size of beets. They are just delicious roasted in the oven at 450 degree F for 40 to 60 minutes. Don't get alarm if your urine turned red.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment