Sunday, February 19, 2012

Soy Beans Steamed Cake



I didn't realised that I have 3 bags dried soy beans in my kitchen. This is great for me to drink some fresh soy bean. I soaked a bag of soy bean overnight.
Instead of throwing away the pulp, I decided to turn it into delicious steamed cake. Actually half of the batter I bake it in the oven. Both methods gave me the same result.

Ingredients:
400 gram soy beans
1/2 cup sugar
1 tube Nona hoen kwe flour(red color)
1 can coconut milk

Method:
Soak soy bean overnight.
In a big pot add 6 cups of water.
Add soy bean and cook for 40 minutes or until beans are tender.
Using handheld blender, blend soy beans until smooth.
Using a fine strainer or cheese cloth, separate the soy bean milk from the beans.
Make sure you squeeze the beans harder.
Chill the soy milk in the fridge. Add sugar when ready to drink.
In a big bowl add coconut milk to the fresh ground soy beans.
Add sugar and the hoen kwe flour.
I have a small steamer so I divide the batter into 2.
The other half I baked the cake at 375'F for about 40 minutes.
Steam the cake for about an hour or until cake is cooked.
Let the cake cool and hardened before cutting.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment