Sunday, August 07, 2011

Ramadan 7 - Cheeseburger and Fries

A western dinner is served today. Cheeseburger and fries are my favorite meal. I like the frozen burger cooked slowly on the stove with 1 tablespoon olive oil. This method will make the burger moist. I let one side cooked thoroughly before turning to the other side. I also add shredded onion in the same pan. Once I have turned to the other side, I sprinkle some worchester sauce for flavor. Let it cook for another 10 minutes on low heat. In the meantime, I prepare the bun with tomato ketchup, sweet relish and honey mustard.

Once the onion is softened, I let the burger drain it's excess on a flat splatter cover. I put some of the onion on each burger and top it off with a slice of cheese. Let the splatter cover sit on the hot pan. This method will melt the cheese and keep the burger hot.
Before finishing the burger, on another stove, heat olive oil to fry the french fries. This way the burger and the fries are still hot when served. Timing is very important to serve this meal or else food will be returned to the kitchen.

Once all oil from the burger has drained, add the burger on the prepared bun. Cut the burger into half.
I garnish this meal with some slices cucumber and tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on these vegetables.
Enjoy!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment