Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ramadan 13 - Steak and Sauteed Onions

Every time I had my eye dilated, I need to rest. Whatever medicine the eye doctor used on my eyes was affecting my systems. My good friend invited me to her party tonight. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend. My eyes are still sore. But I did stop by at her house earlier to give her my cake and cookies for her family and friends to enjoy. She gave me pecal (spicy peanuts sauce) and sweet dessert.

Our dinner tonight was steak with saute onions. I love steak but I can only eat a small amount of the meat. I was done with my steak when I remembered to snap the picture to share here. The best part of this steak was the filet mignon. I usually buy steak with a bigger filet mignon part.
This is my friend's sweet dessert which was cooked with glutinous rice flour and coconut milk. I can taste the pandan flavor in this kuih. She did her layers nicely.

Share

2 comments:

  1. Salam Zue,
    Do you have the recipe for the kuih lapis. It is the most perfect one that I have seen and I can only taste with my eyes that it also sedap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. foodiva54, I will find the recipe for you. This kuih lapis was given by my friend. It is really different than kuih lapis red and white layers using regular flour or rice flour.

    ReplyDelete