Monday, February 07, 2011

Open Toasted Roasted Chicken Sandwich

I love roasted chicken. This toasted open sandwich is delicious and it is made of some roasted chicken, tomato, onion and cheese. I am adding some asian taste to it by using my sambal blend spread on the bread.
I am also using two types of sliced cheese. They are the yellow and the white cheese. There is no particular reason for these two different type of cheese. I am just ran out of the yellow cheese.

For this meal, I am using a regular italian bread with hard crust. I cut into half of the bread on lengthwise. I then scoop out the inside flesh of the bread to make a nice bowl for the chicken. I use the rest of the un wanted bread in other dish.
Spread the sambal blend. My homemade sambal blend is featured everywhere in this site. It is basically a cooked mixture of red hot peppers, onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, shrimp paste and tiny amount of sugar to bring down the heat from the hot peppers.
Then layer the bread with roasted chicken, onion and slices of tomatoes.
The trick to get a nice flavor for the onion is to blanch the onion and mix it with finely chopped cilantro.
Top it off with slices of cheese.
Toast this sandwich in a toaster oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melt.
Enjoy!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment