Sunday, February 27, 2011

Brownies


On this beautiful Sunday morning, I craved for some chocolaty cake or brownies. Before leaving for the Garden Show at the Farm Show building, I whipped up the brownies. Brownies and chocolate cakes are my favorite dessert. By the time I came back from my walk among the fragrant and beautiful flowers and landscape, my brownie will be ready for me.

After so many years attending this garden expo, I know that I need to pack a bottle of ice cold water and sandwich. I quickly put together sliced tomato and sliced mozzarella cheese with a spread of mayonnaise and crispy prawn sambal on a dinner roll. The expo fee is expensive to me. Entrance ticket is $12 and $8 for parking. I spent only 2 and half hours the most at the expo.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Some of the pictures taken at the Garden Expo.


Method:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom and sides of the baking pan(8 by 8 square pan) with parchment paper or foil.
Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl and set the bowl in a wide skillet of simmering water.
Stir until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth.
Remove the bowl from the skillet and set aside briefly until the mixture is only warm, not hot.
Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon.
Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended, add the flour and stir vigorously for 50 strokes with the wooden spoon or a rubber spatula.
Spread evenly in the lined pan.
Bake until a toothpick comes out clear, 35 to 40 minutes.
Let cool completely.
Remove the ends of the parchment or foil liner.
Cut into 16 squares.



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment