Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sixth Day Ramadan - Lobster Tail, Shrimp with String Beans and Cantaloupe Smoothie

Day sixth still a breeze. I was very hungry around lunch time especially when I smell delicious meal from around my desk. But I keep on concentrating on my code. My code was working the other day but as soon as I change the setting, it didn't work. I hate it. It was until almost 4 pm that I realize the weird behaviour. I really really hate it.
Anyway, before I reach home, I stop by at my garden. I dig out some carrots and beets. I also pull out all the onions from the other garden. But I was not feeling weak or hungry. Yeay!
I even clean out my car because I need to use it this saturday. The weather has been very nice today. Not too sweaty for me.

I found some lobster tails in my freezer. The lobster tail will be our meal for breakfasting today. To go along with the lobster tail, I cook shrimp and string beans. Lastly, I make smoothie out of my cantaloupe. I spice it up with diet mountain dew. It was delicious.
I have been cooking shrimp and string beans for quite some time. Honey like it so much. So whenever I am out of idea for a meal to serve him, I will always go with this shrimp and string beans. You can read my other post on this meal here and here. But for today's shrimp and string beans, I am trying a different style of cooking it. This is what I did:

Ingredients:
2 cups frozen string beans. I just washed it in cold water.
2 cups medium size shrimp
1 medium size red onion (homegrown)
2 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoon butter
4 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Method:
Heat pan on medium.
Add olive oil.
Add butter. Let the butter melt.
Add thinly dice onion. Stir.
Add chopped garlic. Stir. Let them both brown. But not to let the garlic burn.
Drain excess water from the string beans.
Add into the pan. Stir well.
Let it cook for 5 minutes.
Add shrimp.
Add salt and pepper.
Stir to incorporate everything. Turn off the stove when the shrimp turn pink.
Do not cook too long or your shrimp will be tough.
Serve warm.

The different here is the red onion. I usually do not put onion in my shrimp and string beans. I only use garlic. Lots of them. But since this is a homegrown onion, the flavor is very strong. The taste was superb. Honey took a big portion of this beans.
This cantaloupe smoothie is really good. All I did was to blend cantaloupe with a can of diet mountain dew. This drink is very refreshing. It is suitable for this hot weather and quench the thirst of the people who is fasting. It is also very filling. I could just drink this smoothie and meal is done.
Here is my one and only probably watermelon from my garden. Aren't it a cutie pie?
This watermelon is actually sweet despite the color of the inside and it's size.
Happy Ramadan!

No comments:

Post a Comment