Once again I am using items available in my pantry or fridge. I woke up this morning on Sandra Lee Semi-homemade cook show. She gave me idea to cook this delicious quiche for breakfast. Unfortunately, I don't have regular pastry sheet. But I do have ready to make garlic parmesan bread in my fridge. Honey gave me a look when I told him what I cook for our breakfast on this lovely saturday morning. He said, quiche must have spinach. But I assured him that Sandra Lee cook it without spinach.
1 box of italian breadsticks parmesan with garlic (dough and parmesan spread, 10.6 oz or 300g 10 breadsticks)
1 big potato
5 slices turkey bacon ( you could use any meat you like)
1 cup milk
1. Microwave turkey bacon for 2 minutes.
2. Peel potato skin and slice it about 1/3 inch thick.
3. Microwave the sliced potato for 3 minutes.
4. In a bowl mix eggs and milk. Incorporate well.
5. Heat the oven at 375 degree F.
6. Line the bread dough in 6 inches round baking dish. Cut the excess and use it to cover the sides.
7. Put in the oven for 2 minutes to halfway cook the bread.
8. Spread the garlic parmesan spread on the half cook bread.
9. Layer the turkey bacon first, then lay down the potato on the bread.
10. Pour the egg mixture.
11. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degree F.
This dish is so delicious that Honey asked for more slices. Yes, that is what I am hoping for.