Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Homegrown Zucchini and Shrimp

Yes, it is time to call recipe for zucchini. I grow about 10 zucchini plants. 6 plants in the plot A and 4 plants in plot B. The plants are all doing so well. A co-worker told me that she find zucchini always go well with stewed tomato. So, I went home and gather all the ingredients I have in my pantry.
Ingredients:
2 zucchini (medium size)
1 cup green string beans
1 can stewed tomato
Shrimp
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
salt
ground black pepper
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil

Method:
In a big skillet, heat olive oil. Add in string beans and zucchini. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium or until tender.
Add stewed tomato.
Let it boil. Add chopped garlic, butter, salt and pepper.
Add shrimp.
Turn off the stove once the shrimp turn pink. Do not cook shrimp too long. The meat will turn tough if cooked too long.
Serve warm. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Zue, nothing beats cooking with your own homegrown vegetables! I am sure it taste sweeter than the one you bought from the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I've been busy with my sisters as they will be leaving on Friday to NY and I missed your call the other day. Carlos forgot to tell me about it until yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gert, memang sedap. Bila la you nak datang rasa my sayur ni.
    Don't worry about missing my call. I tahu you keluar berjalan dengan your sisters. We can talk later after your sister dah balik.

    ReplyDelete