Sunday, October 19, 2008

Carrot Juice and Carrot Nugget

This carrot juice is so special. I used carrots that I grow in my garden. Not only that this carrot drink is nutritious, but I did not waste any of the carrots at all.
I make carrot nuggets out of the grounded carrots. This carrot nugget is sweet and chewy.

A bowl of carrots that is peeled and washed.
I blend the carrots with 3 cups of cold water.
Here is the carrot juice after I drain it with cheese cloth.
The left over. I mix this carrot with 1 tablespoon sugar, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup flour.
Pinch a ball of the dough and flatten it with hand. I used this cookie cutter shape to create a nice and uniform size of nugget. Deep fry this on olive oil until golden brown.

This is another collection of purple leaf plant called ornamental sweet potato vine. I did a little reading and found out that I need to winterize this plant. What I did was to cut out some of the tips and root it in a glass vase of water. This plant is so beautiful with its purple leaf. The tuberous is not editable. Next, I will have to remove the tuberous and store it in peat moss over the winter.


8 comments:

  1. creativenya akak.. blh buat nugget dari lebihan juice! Saya klu buat jemput2 udang or ikan bilis mmg selalu letak grated carrot..best & healthy.
    -dhill-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dhill, I grow the carrots so really don't want to waste any. Get, good thinking adding carrots in jemput jemput. Nak try la.thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zue, I usually throw them away as I mix it with other veggies. The grated carrots will be good for muffins too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gert, I thought of muffin after I already fry them. Maybe next time i make carrot muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zue, siap buat keropok lekor u...carrot nugget tu, rajinnye u guna mould lagik...byk raya open hse kt sana?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jun, siapa la I ni nak dijemput ke open hse.huhuhu. Masak sendiri makan sendiri jugak. You banyak pergi open house?

    ReplyDelete
  7. owhhh good idea kak zu, selalu saya buang jerr pulp tuuu after juiced them. Kali ni leh buat carrot nugget :D brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shafidah, thanks.that carrot nugget is very soft and chewy. Memang sedap.

    ReplyDelete