Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chicken Soup



I feel like I am in heaven when the warmth of the chicken soup seeping through my body which is still recouping from cold.

This is my lunch for this fine Sunday in winter breeze.

Ingredients for the soup:

4 pieces of chicken thigh that I cut into bite size.

2 white potato cut into 8 pieces.

half of the big yellow onion that I diced.

2 star anise

3 cardamon

5 pieces cloves

2 inches of ginger root that I slice it chunky

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon ( I couldn't find the stick cinnamon in my kitchen)

2 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon chicken stock paste

a pinch of sea salt

3 cups of water

Method: Heat olive oil in a big pot. Sautee cardamon, star anise, cloves, ginger root, cinnamon, and onion until onion brown. Then add chicken pieces. Cook for 5 minutes before adding 3 cups of water. Add potato. Once boil, add the chicken stock paste and seasoned with sea salt to taste. in low heat, let the chicken soup simmer until chicken is really cook. Serve warm with rice or anything. For me, I am having the chicken soup with a slice of left over pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment