Saturday, July 25, 2015

Murtabak

I love murtabak. There are so many ways how you can make the filling to this murtabak. Basically, murtabak is just some spicy filling with chicken, beef or plain potato wrap in spring roll skin and pan fry until crust.
Today, I am using the left over curry puff pastry filling. All I did was to add 2 eggs to the mixture. It is not necessary to add egg but to me, I just like the taste of murtabak with some egg.
As for the skin to wrap the filling, I am using the Lumpia skin. In the past I did use the spring roll skin. The taste is almost similar.
The side dish to my murtabak is the pickled red onion. This pickled red onion must be made a day before and chill in the refrigerator so that the vinegar is absorbed into the onion and soften the onion. The juice of the pickle should also turned red. To make the pickled onion, use 1 cup of white vinegar, mix in 1/2 cup of sugar, a pinch of salt and 1 cup of water.
Slice the red onion thinly. Marinate the onion in the vinegar.

For the murtabak, put about a tablespoon of filling, spread it nicely in the center of the lumpia skin.
Fold all 4 sides to create a square.
Put in the lightly greased pan with the folded side down first. Let it cook and brown for a few minutes.
Then flip the murtabak to the other side. Let it cook and brown for a few minutes and remove from the pan.
Do the same process until all of the filling is finish.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment