Friday, November 29, 2013

Butternut Squash Cookies

Did you have fun on your Black Friday shopping?
I didn't go out today, but I did yesterday. A lot of store open their black Friday deals on Thursday evening. Honey and I enjoyed our roasted duck with all the side dishes like sweet potato, bread stuffing, pecan pie and greens. He did all the cooking. Around 15 minutes before 8 pm yesterday, I lined up in front of the Bonton store. I've got my black ankle length boot for my daily use. The boot I have, had some hole in the sole. The puddle of water had wetted my sock. It is time to say goodbye to the old boots.

Butternut squash cookies
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed, cooked butternut squash
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Adjustment: i am using almond instead of pecans. Original recipe yields 5 dozen

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
Beat in the eggs and squash.
 Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices; add to mixture, stirring until well blended.
Stir in raisins and nuts.
 Spoon onto cookie sheets spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges are golden.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment