Saturday, September 07, 2013

Donut

Krispy Kreme donut is one of my favorite donut. This morning, I woke up and was thinking of making a donut. Usually, on Saturday morning, Mr. Big and I have an adult breakfast like eggs, sausage, pancake or home fries. This Saturday morning, was unusual...

I apologize for the irregular shapes and sizes of these donuts. I did not use any donut cutter or mould. I simply make a hole using my finger and smooth it a little bit before I fry them. They are delicious despite the shapes and sizes!

Ingredients: For the donut
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of instant dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/4 cups of warm  water
4 cups of cooking oil

For the glazed:
2 cups of confectioners sugar
1/4 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Method: Donut
In a big bowl, add flour, salt and instant yeast. Mix well.
Let it sit for 1 minute.
Add water. Knead into slightly sticky dough.
Let it rest for 20 minutes.
Knead again. By this time the dough is very soft.
Add some flour to the surface of a board.
you can use donut cutter or in my case, I just cut the dough into equal sizes.
Punch a hole in the center with my finger and smooth the sides.
Using a small pot, heat about one inch of olive oil on medium low.
Fry the donut one at a time. Depending on the size of the pot you use to fry the donut, you may be able to fry 2 or 3 donuts at one time.
Turn to the other side as soon as one side turned brown.
Let it cool on paper towel.

Method: Glazed
In a small bowl, mix sugar, vanilla and milk. Whisk until smooth.
Dip each donut in the glaze.
Place back the donut on the wire rack to allow excess glaze to drip off.

Mr. Big had a bite of the donut and did not say anything. After he finished 3 donuts then he said, so you think I am a small kid who needs sugary food for breakfast?
I smiled...

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment