Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ramadan 2013 Day 7 - Basmathi Rice and Beef Curry with Tempeh

Yet another hot hot day today. The temperature went up to 103 degree F again. I Had to go straight home after work. I don't have to heat the car engine further. The parking lot has no shade at all. Today break fasting meal was special. I am just in te mood for some extra spicy food. The first meal I cooked was beef curry with tempeh. Then I cooked basmathi rice with some chocolate mint. They are superb!
The rice was cooked in a cast iron pot. I love this pot. The rice came out soft and just delicious!
I do have to make sure that the flame was at the lowest. This pot gets very hot so quickly.
I sautee the onion, cloves, cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamon and chopped garlic in olive oil directly in this pot. Then I added rice and stir all the flavors. I also added some grated ginger and a tablespoon of turmeric powder. Add some salt for taste. Then I added water twice the measurement of the rice. Cover and simmer on low flame until cooked. Delicious!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment