Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ramadan 2013 Day 2 -Zucchini and Tapioca Pudding

Second day of Ramadan went well. I was at the garden yesterday and picked some zucchini and cherry tomatoes. Today, I decided to bake one of the zucchini. This ball shape zucchini is called Eight Balls Zucchini. This is my first time growing this type of vegetable. I am impressed with the yields given that I planted the seeds quite late in the season. Thanks to the heavy rain and hot weather, the plants are thriving.
The fillings for this eight balls zucchini was just basmathi rice cooked in briyani spices and BBQ beef. The rice and the beef were cooked separately. I scooped out the center of the zucchini. The zucchini was then baked in the oven at 400 degree F for about 40 minutes.
The dessert today was tapioca pudding. The tapioca pudding was the easiest to cook. I boiled about 4 cups of milk with 1/2 cup of splenda. I added a dash of pandan extract and a pinch of salt. Add about 1 cup of green pearl tapioca. Cook for just 10 minutes on low heat. Let it cool and then chill it in the fridge. Delicious! Share

No comments:

Post a Comment