Sunday, July 21, 2013

Ramadan 2013 Day 12 - Rojak Campur (Mixed Platter with Peanut Sauce)

I really like peanut, and all kind of food that has peanut in it. Today, I feel like cooking a simple peanut sauce. To go with this peanut sauce, I have boiled potato, hard boiled egg, bean sprout, snow peas and home cook shrimp fritters.
This dish can use any vegetables. Since not many people eat in my household, I only limit the dish to potato, egg, bean sprout and shrimp fritters. The snow peas came from my garden. They are fresh and delicious.
The peanut sauce is made from crunchy peanut butter. I added 2 tablespoons of powdered hot pepper, 1 teaspoon of chopped lemongrass, 1 teaspoon of grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and sugar, 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon powdered onion, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and about 4 cups water. Cook on low heat until oil start to separate.
Blanch snow peas and bean sprout in boiling water for about 3 minutes.
Boil eggs for 5 minutes. Turn off and let the egg cool before peeling.
The shrimp fritters is using 1 cup of pancake flour mix with 1 cup of regular all purpose flour. For the spices, I added 1 tablespoon of Mrs. Dash mix, 1 teaspoon of dried parsley, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper, 10 shrimp (cut smaller), 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt. Mix all wit 1 cup of water and adding a tablespoon if it is too thick. Fry in olive oil until golden brown.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment