Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sand Tart -Part 2


Sand tart is a simple cookie to bake. It has been the favorite of Mr. Big. I usually bake the sand tart for him during holidays. Sand tart is delicious and crunchy if rolled thinly. Mr. Big like it with a dash of cinnamon sugar. Even though it was easy to bake a sand tart, but rolling the dough thinly are time consuming. Firstly, I sat the unsalted butter at room temperature overnight. Since the weather is nice and cooling this morning, I quickly ate my chocolate muffin that I have bake last night and drank a cup of hot tea with milk for my breakfast before I began baking the sand tart.
Unlike in the previous years, posted here , my sand tart recipe was made from scratch, this time, I am customizing the recipe using a ready to use sugar cookies dough and mix it with a stick of butter, 1 egg and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour. Combine all of these ingredients to form a dough.

The taste was awesome. Mr. Big ate all of the cookies while I haven't finish baking all the dough. I took about 2 hours to finish the batter. The dough must be rolled thinly and each cookie is dusted with some cinnamon sugar before going into the oven at 350 degree F for about 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
For the cookies cutter, I am using a pastry cutter. I chose number 2 from the set of 6 pastry cutters. I bought this pastry cutter when I was visiting a family in England years back. When I see something I like and I know I will use it for sure, I surely will get them. This pastry cutter is very handy and durable.

I am glad my new try out with the sugar cookie dough worked. Enjoy!

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment