Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ramadan 21 - Spaghetti and Stuffed Mozarella Meatballs

I seldom cook spaghetti with meatballs. This meal should be the easiest to cook. I went to the store for ready to use meatballs, unfortuantely I could not find any without pork. So, I bought a small bag of stuffing mix. I could use bread crumbs for the meatball but I prefer the flavor of the stuffing mix. I have to cook my own meatballs. I have featured a few versions of my meatballs; with turkey meat, and with asian flavor.
I am using about 2 lbs of ground lean beef 80/20. One egg and 2 cups stuffing mix. I also add a small cube of mozarella cheese inside the meatball.
In a big bowl, crack and egg and mix well with the stuffing mix. Then add ground beef.
Combine well.
Make a small ball from the beef and add small cube of mozarella cheese the the center of the ball.
Set the meatball on a baking sheet.
Drizzle some olive oil.
Bake the meatballs in the oven on 275 degree F for 40 minutes.
I am using Ragu brand tomato sauce with basil for this spaghetti. In a big pot, heat the tomato sauce on low heat. Add the cooked meatballs into the tomato and basil sauce.

Boil about 3 cups spaghetti until cooked. Drain the water.

Lastly, before seving, add the spaghetti into the tomato sauce. Mix well.
Serve wam with parmesan cheese.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment