Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ramadan 17 - Okra and Tempeh in Peanut Sauce

My friend gave some peanut sauce, in Indonesia they call it "pecal". This peanut sauce is great to eat with some steamed vegetables or fruits. The peanut sauce is like a salad dressing to the asian. I stopped by at my garden on my way home today. I had some tomatoes and okra. I really don't understand why my string beans didn't come out. The plants look good but there are no sign of any string beans. 
I will try to get the recipe for this peanut sauce from my friend. I can taste the brown sugar, turmeric leaves, hot pepper and slight taste of lemongrass in this peanut sauce.

In a big pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add okra whole(cut both ends), shredded carrots and fried tempeh. Let it fry for 2 minutes. Then add 1/2 cup water. Add the peanut sauce.
Let vegetables cook a bit longer, about 5 minutes on low.

Serve warm.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment