Monday, January 17, 2011

Toasted Panini

Panini or sandwich is one of my favorite meal. I can have it for lunch or for dinner. In my neighborhood there is a sandwich place called sandwich man that I always buy my sandwich or sub from. I like their sandwich because they have a nice flavor of onion in their sandwich. The tartness of the onion is intense and infuse with coriander.
For today's lunch, I try to re-create the flavor in my toasted panini.

Ingredients:
My favorite spanish sub roll. I am using 2 rolls.
3 pieces romaine leaves
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
1 medium yellow onion
1 ripe roma tomato
2 slices American cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 pieces sweet bologna (optional)

Method:
Chop coriander leaves.
Slice onion thinly.
Mix onion and coriander. Set aside.
Slice tomato.
Cut open the roll lengthwise.
Spread with mayonnaise.
Layer with romaine leaves.
Add bologna or any lunch meat you like.
Add tomato.
Layer with cheese.
Add onion mix.
Spread mayonnaise on the second roll.
Top the sandwich.
In a big pan, melt 2 tablespoon butter on low heat.
Lay the sandwich. Use another smaller pan to press the panini.
After 5 minutes turn to the side.
Press the panini.
Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve warm.


Share

2 comments:

  1. Lama dah tak makan sandwich..kat mesia ni, the famous sandwich shop is Subway...this one is a franchise..tapi tak pernah try lagi sandwich depa...anyway, tengok ur sandwich ni...ehmmm...sedapnye...esp sebab u put 2 slices of cheese...I like it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. marie, my favorite kat subway is honey bread and load it with all of the vegetables they have and then I will ask them to toast my sub.

    ReplyDelete