Friday, September 18, 2009

Twenty Eight Day Ramadan - Panko Breaded Shrimp and Potato Hash

A simple yet delicious meal for our break fasting dinner tonight.
I must say that using the panko bread is so easy and the food comes out great each time.
For the potato hash, I am using fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme and sage from the garden. I also use homegrown onion.
The potato hash was a hit. Honey asked for more. As for me, I wish I could have more. The taste was so delicious but my tummy could not accommodate it.
My doctor is so happy to see my 10 lbs melted away today. But it was definitely a hard work on my part. During this Ramadan, although I ate twice a day, I guess the pound still go away. Ramadan is going to be over soon. I will then get back to my old habit of eating all day long and it is scaring me a little bit. As my doctor was asking, now that the gardening work is over, will I gain that pound again?
Winter is really a bad time to lose weight. The day will be muggy, shorter and I will have to stay inside the house more and with an easy access to the fridge, not helping at all.
I need to create recipes that will help me to stay fit during that time. More soups and hot food I guess.

I have started to play the Raya music from the CD to bring myself in the raya mood. I also started to burn cookies and pastries aromatic candles to fill up the air in my house.
Happy Eid Mubarak! Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf zahir batin.

No comments:

Post a Comment