Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fried Kue Teow for breakfast

This fried kue teow recipe is different than the one I had before. In the previous recipe, I used seafood medley in the fried kue teow. Today, I am using sliced beef, long green beans, bibb lettuce and dark soy sauce garnish with slices of fried eggplant.
Kue teow is a rice noodle usually sell at the asian grocery store. It came in a flat sheets. I warm the kue teaow in the microwave for 1 minute before I cut it into wide strips.
I cut the long green beans into small pieces.

This fresh bibb lettuce came from the farmer's market. It is fresh and alive.
The ingredients:
1 pack 16 oz. kue teow
1/2 cup slices beef
1 big homegrown yellow onion
1 big carrot
2 tablespoon blended hot peppers.
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 tablespoon fish sauce
1 cup chopped long string beans
1/2 bibb lettuce. Tear it into smaller pieces.
2 tablespoon olive oil for cooking
Fried eggplant as garnish.
Method:
In a big skillet or wok, heat olive oil. Sweat the onion and add beef.
Add blended hot peppers.
Add carrot and long string beans. Stir.
Add dark soy sauce and fish sauce.
Add kue teow (rice noodle)
Stir. Turn of the stove.
Add bib lettuce. Stir.
Garnish with fried eggplant.
Kue teow doesn't take a long time to cook. Between each stirring, you only need a minute. In total 10 minutes and the food is done.
You might be wondering by now why on earth I showed a big bottle of calcium with vitamin D3. Actually I just bought the supplement from Costco after my doctor called and told me to start taking calcium and D3. She said my recent blood work showed lack of these vitamins. Honey said, if I feel young at heart then I am young. Age is just a number. The problem is, I am loosing nutrients and now need this dietary supplement as I aged.

No comments:

Post a Comment