Sunday, June 18, 2006

Kuih Lopes - Glutinous Rice

I was chatting with my friend the other day and Kuih Lopes topic came up. This morning, I have the chance to cook it. So here is my recipe.

Kuih lopes
Ingredients:
1 cup glutinous rice
1 cup coconut milk (diluted)
1 cup air pandan (Blend water and Pandan leaves-strain)
1 tbs salt

Soak pulut (glutinous rice) at least 5 hours.

 Cook glutinous rice on low heat. You can also steam(kukus) it.
Once rice is cooked, open the lid and let it cool down for 10 min.
You can use a banana leave to mould the rice into triangle shape. Since I do not have a banana leave, so I use a small size ziploc plastic bag. I cut one side open. Scoop about 1 spoon of the rice and put it at the end of the plastic bag and shape it triangle.
Use coconut angel flake(sweetened) to coat the triangle.
Coat both sides evenly.

To finish this dish off, boil water with a cup of dark brown sugar. Add pandan leave for a touch of sweet flavor and sweet fragrant.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment